The story of David and Goliath is probably one of the greatest stories ever told. It’s a story that speaks to the heart of anyone who questioned their destiny and purpose. However, what most people don't realize is David as a teenager had to embrace his destiny and needed only God to confirm it.
The story begins with David being ridiculed for his small size when he volunteered to slay the giant. Surely, they thought, this little boy could not slay Goliath. Goliath was a giant who stood nearly 10 feet tall, wore a garment that weighed over 125 pounds, and the tip of his spear contained 15 pounds of iron. All of the soldiers feared him.
We find out David was no stranger to slaying beasts. He had killed lions and bears with his bare hands. It was at this very point, David had to step back from the crowd to remind himself that he knew how to slay dangerous animals. David had to embrace his destiny.
As a weapon, he did not choose a spear, a bow, or fire, but a small stone to put into his sling. He stepped out into the field to face Goliath the giant. Hurling a stone from his sling with all his might, he hits Goliath in the center of his forehead striking him down.
David demonstrated the glory of God by knowing who he was and taking action.
The foundation to your destiny is first understanding that you were made in God’s image. He wants the desires of your heart and see your plans succeed. You were created by God to manifest his Glory, and you are not like anyone in the history of humankind.
Your destiny has always been with you, it’s just a matter of embracing it.
Recent blog posts
Links to Cool Stuff
- Three Strategies for Making Employee Engagement Stick
- Was Steve Jobs a Role Model for Leaders?
- Job Satisfaction Against the Odds
- Why the "Expert From Afar" Principle Works
- Find Your Start-up Idea (You won't have to look far)
- Your Employees Don't "Get" Your Brand
- Executive ADD: Information Overload and Your Career
- The Making of a Corporate Athelete
- Secrets from the World's Happiest Workplace
- How One Young Trep Bucked the Odds During the Great Recession
- TEDxMacquarieUniversity - Glen Gerreyn - Purpose
- Why Do So Many Professional Athletes Go Broke?
- CEO Communications: 5 Phrases that Signal 'BS'
- Simon Sinek - Inspiring Leaders
- Nation of Whimps
- The Cult of Chick-fil-A
- What’s Wrong With Your Employees?
- Listen to Dave and Jason on C2A Today with Steve Noble
- Twelve Signs Arrogance Is Running Your Company
- Discover Your Passions to Find the Right Job
- Reset Graduate Jeremy Willis wins 5 gold medals at Track & Field Southeast Regional Championships
- Special Thanks to Graduate Todd Ackerman for the Resource
- Dave gives an interview with Steve Noble on Called2Action Today
- Dave gives an interview with Wallbuilders
- Dave gives an interview on the Empowerment Hour
- Reset graduate Jeremy Willis wins Silver in USA Masters Indoor Track & Field Championships
- Reset graduate Karen Strite's blog
- WSJ: Time To Reset Your Business?
- Five Industries Hit The Reset Button
- A new commercial for The Reset Agency, on your airwaves now!