Recently, I was at the USA Hockey Level 4 Coaching Clinic and one of the instructors there was the former NHL Head Coach for the Pittsburgh Penguins. After he was done speaking to the 200 or so people who attended the clinic, I spotted him in the hallway and started picking his brain about pro athletes and working with them. He went on to explain to me about how he tries to keep them inside the frame. How he puts boarders around activities and schedules and how his players expectations and his expectations must be inside the frame.
I have been thinking about how this message applies to me, my passion and my destiny. How many times do we not do something because we are afraid of the unknown? We talk ourselves out of doing it - I am too busy, I don’t have time, my son or daughter would enjoy that but its not for me. Any excuse will do, these are just some examples. How do you know if you are testing the boarders of the frame? Where are you? In the middle, at the edge? So many times we think we are on the edge, only to realize that we are nowhere close to the boarders of the frame. Do you think you are tapped out with nowhere to go, or do you think you have untapped potential backed up and ready to break free? Do you you really think you are on the edge? I am willing to bet that you are no where close to the frame. Today I challenge you to start listening to your passions and test the borders of the frame.
What are you passionate about that you are not doing? What are you going to do today to reach into your passions? Destiny awaits but time does not, what are you waiting for?
Recent blog posts
Links to Cool Stuff
- Three Strategies for Making Employee Engagement Stick
- Was Steve Jobs a Role Model for Leaders?
- Job Satisfaction Against the Odds
- Why the "Expert From Afar" Principle Works
- Find Your Start-up Idea (You won't have to look far)
- Your Employees Don't "Get" Your Brand
- Executive ADD: Information Overload and Your Career
- The Making of a Corporate Athelete
- Secrets from the World's Happiest Workplace
- How One Young Trep Bucked the Odds During the Great Recession
- TEDxMacquarieUniversity - Glen Gerreyn - Purpose
- Why Do So Many Professional Athletes Go Broke?
- CEO Communications: 5 Phrases that Signal 'BS'
- Simon Sinek - Inspiring Leaders
- Nation of Whimps
- The Cult of Chick-fil-A
- What’s Wrong With Your Employees?
- Listen to Dave and Jason on C2A Today with Steve Noble
- Twelve Signs Arrogance Is Running Your Company
- Discover Your Passions to Find the Right Job
- Reset Graduate Jeremy Willis wins 5 gold medals at Track & Field Southeast Regional Championships
- Special Thanks to Graduate Todd Ackerman for the Resource
- Dave gives an interview with Steve Noble on Called2Action Today
- Dave gives an interview with Wallbuilders
- Dave gives an interview on the Empowerment Hour
- Reset graduate Jeremy Willis wins Silver in USA Masters Indoor Track & Field Championships
- Reset graduate Karen Strite's blog
- WSJ: Time To Reset Your Business?
- Five Industries Hit The Reset Button
- A new commercial for The Reset Agency, on your airwaves now!