No, I am not talking about the movie starring Jim Carey. I am talking about the face we put on everyday when we deal with the expectations of others who belong to the "committee of they". From the day we were born, these expectations on our life contribute to the development of our personality and behavior-- which becomes your mask. Often times, we are not aware of our mask, because it's been with us for so long and we've grown comfortable wearing it.
Stephen Klemich of HeartStyles, an expert on effective behaviors, created several categories of what a potential mask might look like. Some great examples are: striving, sarcasm, competitive, controlling, approval seeking, easily offended, dependent, and avoiding. The mask becomes ineffective behavior that keeps us from being who we were born to be. While we are working 1-on-1 with individuals, we often have to peel back the layers of their mask in order to reveal the true passions of what makes them unique.
Remove your mask and let us see the true you. This is a big step towards reseting your self and moving onto something bigger and better, which is a more authentic you. When you become authentic and embrace your passions, you will be chasing down your destiny.
After all, you succeed when you are living out your destiny.
Recent blog posts
Links to Cool Stuff
- Three Strategies for Making Employee Engagement Stick
- Was Steve Jobs a Role Model for Leaders?
- Job Satisfaction Against the Odds
- Why the "Expert From Afar" Principle Works
- Find Your Start-up Idea (You won't have to look far)
- Your Employees Don't "Get" Your Brand
- Executive ADD: Information Overload and Your Career
- The Making of a Corporate Athelete
- Secrets from the World's Happiest Workplace
- How One Young Trep Bucked the Odds During the Great Recession
- TEDxMacquarieUniversity - Glen Gerreyn - Purpose
- Why Do So Many Professional Athletes Go Broke?
- CEO Communications: 5 Phrases that Signal 'BS'
- Simon Sinek - Inspiring Leaders
- Nation of Whimps
- The Cult of Chick-fil-A
- What’s Wrong With Your Employees?
- Listen to Dave and Jason on C2A Today with Steve Noble
- Twelve Signs Arrogance Is Running Your Company
- Discover Your Passions to Find the Right Job
- Reset Graduate Jeremy Willis wins 5 gold medals at Track & Field Southeast Regional Championships
- Special Thanks to Graduate Todd Ackerman for the Resource
- Dave gives an interview with Steve Noble on Called2Action Today
- Dave gives an interview with Wallbuilders
- Dave gives an interview on the Empowerment Hour
- Reset graduate Jeremy Willis wins Silver in USA Masters Indoor Track & Field Championships
- Reset graduate Karen Strite's blog
- WSJ: Time To Reset Your Business?
- Five Industries Hit The Reset Button
- A new commercial for The Reset Agency, on your airwaves now!